Replies

• Great design. I'm going to put a request letter in the mail today for one of the coins. Is it $12.00 total? If not, what is the total amount for me to write on my check? By the way, I am still looking for VA 85 patches so if you know where I can buy one or two please let me know. Thanks...

• There's a VA-85 patch on Ebay right now for $4.99 with free shipping. Just punch VA-85 into the very first search and it will come up in the first 6 or 7 items

• Yep, $12.00 total will do it.

• Guys, I had these challange coins made up by NWT mint who makes the majority of military coins. They came back very nice ( those damn Chinese do good work !) Its the standard 1.75" coin. The area above the Navy logo is engravable so you can add your name, dates of service,rate or whatever.I'm selling for my cost plus shipping. Send me checks or you can use Paypal if you want , but that costs an extra  $1.00 because they'll charge me for using the service.Looks like I can do it for $12.00 total including shipping unless you use the Paypal ( my paypal email is bigjake392@fuse.net) which will be $13.00 total. My mailing address is 2530 Elliston Mt. Zion Rd., Dry Ridge, KY  41035. Send a check and I'll get them out as fast as possible. I have 50 now but was told, now that the artwork part was done I can get more in 3-4 weeks if needed.This is not a scam as alot of you know me from the reunion last Sept.Got to use some trust as in the Ebay stuff or whatever. I'm sure you will like the coins quality and if you don't know the history of the challange coins , you'd better get one for the next reunion or you might have to buy the first round !!!         The tradition of the coin giving dates back to Vietnam actually when soldiers would tote along a piece of "lucky" ordnance that had helped them or narrowly missed them. At first it was small arms ammunition, but this practice grew to much bigger and more dangerous ordnance as time wound on. It became then actually a dangerous practice because of the size and power of the ordnance being carried, so commanders banned it, and instead gave away metal coins emblazoned with the unit crest or something similar. The main purpose of the ordnance had been when going into a bar, you had to have your lucky piece or you had to buy drinks for all who did have it. The coins worked far better in this regard as they were smaller and not as lethal! So, if you go to a military bar, whip out a challenge coin and slam it down on the bar, those who lack one buy drinks! Obviously you have to be careful about this tradition because if everyone has one and you challanged , guess who buys the drinks !!!!!

• That's awesome Kim. My check will be in the mail Monday.

• Very nice. How much are they going for?

• For some reason (my lack of computer savvy) I didn't get the note with the picture- read on

This reply was deleted.