A Ministry of the Chaplain's Corner Tulare, CA ON FACEBOOK, MEWE.COM, AND TWITTER__

MORNING CHURCH BULLETIN
(1) Prayer
(2) Music
(3) The Message
(4) Prayer
(5) Music

(1) PRAYER:

Great God and Father, we come to you this morning giving you Praise, and Honor, and Glory. We thank you for your many blessings and Thank you Lord for forgiving our sins. It is because of you Lord God that we can have eternal life because of your shed blood and we rejoice in your resurrection from the dead because you live we can face tomorrow. You Lord God are the only Hope we have and there is no other then in you Lord Jesus.

Lord God, if there are any here who do not know you, we pray that you will convict their heart and bring them into your family.Guide and direct us and give us peace but speak to our hearts through your Holy Spirit and teach us this morning your word and we thank you in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord Amen

(2) LETS PRAISE THE LORD IN SONG

To God Be the Glory - Congregational Hymn of Temple Baptist Church

hqdefault.jpg

Blessed Assurance - Congregational Hymn
Listen to this hymn given at Temple Baptist Church in Powell, Tennessee.

hqdefault.jpg

Victory in Jesus Congregational Hymn
Listen to this congregational hymn given on June 7, 2017 • Temple Baptist Church in Powell, Tennessee

hqdefault.jpg

'd Rather Have Jesus given by Temple Baptist Church Choir

hqdefault.jpg

3) THE MESSAGE

This morning we are looking at the study of substitutionary atonement and it refers to Jesus Christ dying as a substitute for sinners.

As believers we can rejoice in what Jesus has done on our behalf to offer us eternal life through his shed blood.
The Scriptures teach that all men are sinners (Romans 3:9-18, 23). The penalty for our sinfulness is death. Romans 6:23 reads,

“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

That verse teaches us several things. Without Christ, we are going to die and spend an eternity in hell as payment for our sins. Death in the Scriptures refers to a “separation.” Everyone will die, but some will live in heaven with the Lord for eternity, while others will live a life in hell for eternity. The death spoken of here refers to the life in hell. However, the second thing this verse teaches us is that eternal life is available through Jesus Christ. This is His substitutionary atonement.

Jesus Christ died in our place when He was crucified on the cross. We deserved to be the ones placed on that cross to die because we are the ones who live sinful lives. But Christ took the punishment on Himself in our place—He substituted Himself for us and took what we rightly deserved.

“God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God” (2 Corinthians 5:21).

“He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed” (1 Peter 2:24).

Here again we see that Christ took the sins we committed onto Himself to pay the price for us. A few verses later we read,

“For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit” (1 Peter 3:18).

Not only do these verses teach us about the substitute that Christ was for us, but they also teach that He was the atonement, meaning He satisfied the payment due for the sinfulness of man.

One more passage that talks about the substitutionary atonement is Isaiah 53:5. This verse talks about the coming Christ who was to die on the cross for our sins. The prophecy is very detailed, and the crucifixion happened just as it was foretold.

“But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.”

Notice the substitution. Here again we see that Christ paid the price for us!

We can only pay the price of sin on our own by being punished and placed in hell for all eternity. But God’s Son, Jesus Christ, came to earth to pay for the price of our sins. Because He did this for us, we now have the opportunity to not only have our sins forgiven, but to spend eternity with Him.

In order to do this we must place our faith in what Christ did on the cross. We cannot save ourselves; we need a substitute to take our place. The death of Jesus Christ is the substitutionary atonement.

On the cross, Jesus took the punishment we deserved for our sin. He did not deserve to die, but He willingly took our place and experienced death for us. Jesus’ death was a substitution,

“the righteous for the unrighteous” (1 Peter 3:18),
The innocent for the guilty, the perfect for the corrupt.

Jesus took our place in that He was made sin for us.

“He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him”
(2 Corinthians 5:21,).

As Jesus was hanging on the cross, suspended between earth and heaven, the sins of the world were placed on Him (1 Peter 2:24). The perfect Son of Man carried our guilt.

Everyone dies, but there is a difference between dying a “natural” death and being executed for one’s crimes. Sin is the violation of God’s law (1 John 3:4), and “the soul who sins shall die” (Ezekiel 18:4, ).

Since we have all sinned, we all deserve death (Romans 3:23; 6:23). Jesus releases us from that penalty. Although He had committed no crime (see Luke 23:15), Jesus was executed as a criminal; in fact, it is because He was sinless that His death avails to us. He had no personal sin to pay for, so His death pays for ours.

Our legal debt has been paid in full—tetelestai (John 19:30). As the old gospel song says, “He paid a debt He did not owe; I owed a debt I could not pay.”

God’s Law says, “You are guilty of sin against a holy God. Justice demands your life.” Jesus answers, “Take My life instead.” The fact that Jesus took our place shows God’s great love: “Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends” (John 15:13).

DO YOU KNOW JESUS AS LORD?

You need to know that the penalty for sin extends beyond physical death to include a spiritual separation from God. Again, in this matter, Jesus took our place. Part of Christ’s agony on the cross was a feeling of separation from the Father. After three hours of supernatural darkness in the land, Jesus cried out, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” (Mark 15:34).

Because of Jesus’ sacrifice on our behalf, we need never experience that sense of abandonment (Hebrews 13:5). We can never fathom, at least in this life, how much God the Son suffered in taking our place.

We know Jesus’ suffering was intense. In the days leading up to the crucifixion, Jesus expressed distress about what was coming (John 12:27). But those who tried to dissuade Him from going to the cross were sharply rebuked—the offer to avoid the ordeal was a temptation from Satan himself (Matthew 16:21–23), and Jesus had not come to take the easy way out.

On the night of His arrest, Jesus was “overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death” (Matthew 26:38). Even with having an angel to strengthen Him, Jesus actually sweated blood (Luke 22:43–44).

In order for us to be saved, Jesus had to take our place and die for sin. He had to lay down His life as a sacrifice, because “without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness” (Hebrews 9:22). His sacrifice was perfect in holiness, in worth, and in power to save. After His resurrection, Jesus showed His scars to the apostles (John 20:26–27).

As long as our salvation lasts (forever), the marks of our Savior’s suffering will be visible (Revelation 5:6)—an eternal reminder that He took our place.

“Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering. . . .
He was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed. . . .
The Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all”
(Isaiah 53:4–6).

WILL YOU FOR A MOMENT STOP AND THINK ABOUT WHAT I AM ABOUT TO SAY:

Friend, I don't know where you are today, but if you die in 5 minutes, would you be in Heaven or Hell? Some will say "Well, I don't believe in either place and God is a fairytale'

Today, this moment Billions of people now in Hell once thought that too and they now wish they could hear this message just one more time.

AGAIN I ASK YOU TO THINK: Jesus came on your behalf and he shed his blood to keep you out of that very place ment for Satan not you. But if you refuse his free offer of Salvation, you too will join the billions already there in hell and no matter what you may think, Only what Jesus says matters.
The word of god is the final authority and to believe anyone or anything else is simply foolish.

I prepared a presentation for you. For the unsaved it tells you how you can know you will be saved by placing your faith and trust in Jesus Christ.

Without faith it is impossible to believe God. Today is the day of Salvation because you don't know where you will be 100% in 5 minutes, or for that matter tomorrow morning.

Will you come to Christ or will you simply say you have plenty of time? The choice is yours and God don't send people to Hell.

No, You send yourself there to Hell because you reject what Jesus did to save you. Life is short, Eternity is forever and in Hell you are alone in the darkness of the flafe in torment forever and ever, and ever. No water, No one to talk to and no escape. You don't get a 2nd chance. THINK! WHERE ARE YOU TODAY, THIS MOMENT, SAVED OR UNSAVED?

DO YOU KNOW FOR SURE? NOT SURE?, WANT TO BE SURE?
I Posted a salvation prayer. The words are not magic, the prayer is not what saves you it is the words you say with the attitude of your heart.

This prayer is simply a guide to help you and it expresses what you should believe and how you should respond. God knows the heart and the thoughts so you can't simply say the prayer and believe you are saved and continue in sin.

If you truly realize you are a sinner and that Jesus is the only way to be saved and you want to repent and place your faith in Jesus Christ, the prayer is provided for you on the third slide.

The rest of the presentation is good information graphicly you should know and consider.

(4) PRAYER

Lord God thank you for these opportunities we have to study your living word. The word of God most precious to us. There is no other book that is more precious and you gave us only one.
The Bible.
Lord Thank you for your salvation and I pray Lord for all who have heard this message and pray that if there is anyone here who does not know you that you will convict them of their sin, that you will tug at their heart and that they will know there is a void in their soul that can only be filled by Jesus Christ, and Jesus Christ alone.

May they lord not sleep this night, may they toss and turn and may their sins be before their eyes in their mind and may they understand that without you they face an eternity separated for eternity from their family forever.
May they come to you Lord and warn their families too because all humanity without Christ face an eternity in hell and there is no escape but to run to the cross where you offer us mercy and forgiveness and Grace.
It is in the name of jesus I thank you and praise you and may these words in on their minds this next week and beyond until they come to know Christ. Lord God, us who do know you we rejoice and Thank you and because of you we have no fear of death but to look forward to that moment when we shall step into eternity and see you as you are in all of your Glory and majesty.
Thank you Lord for saving our soul and it is in Jesus name I pray amen.

THANK YOU FOR COMING TO THIS MORNINGS SERVICE AND I PRAY THAT TODAY'S MESSAGE WILL BLESS YOUR HEART AND BRING THE LOST TO JESUS CHRIST.

img?static={static}

img?static={static}

img?static={static}

img?static={static}

img?static={static}

img?static={static}

img?static={static}

img?static={static}

img?static={static}

img?static={static}

img?static={static}

img?static={static}

img?static={static}

img?static={static}

img?static={static}

img?static={static}

img?static={static}

img?static={static}

img?static={static}

img?static={static}

img?static={static}

img?static={static}

img?static={static}

5) MUSIC

All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name (Diadem arr. Sterling Procter)

hqdefault.jpg

HOLY, HOLY, HOLY

hqdefault.jpg

CROWN HIM WITH MANY CROWNS

hqdefault.jpg

You need to be a member of Navy Veterans to add comments!

Join Navy Veterans

Email me when people reply –