Thank you for coming this Blessed Morning, THE TOMB IS EMPTY AND JESUS IS 
ALIVE, 
And because He lives we can face tomorrow

Let’s Pray: Heavenly Father:

We come to you this morning rejoicing that you rose from the dead and that you are alive. The prophecies have come true and today we remember not only that you died on the cross for our sins, but that you also rose from the dead and that because you rose, we too can rise from the grave, or rise and be changed at the Rapture and be assured that we have Eternal life, and all of 

those who have trusted you as Lord have that assurance.

Speak to us this day through your word and direct our paths, We look forward to your return and we sat come quickly Lord Jesus in your name we pray, Aman

Those that followed Jesus for three years, they ate with him, followed him everywhere, seen all the miracles he did, It was Great being in the Company of Jesus and then their world was 
shattered and he was arrested, beaten, spit on, hit in the face, whipped, and hung on a cross.

He told them that He must go to Jerusalem and that he would be betrayed and arrested and would be hung on a cross… but on the third day he would rise from the dead

But they did not understand..

17th of Nisan, Sunday: The first day of the week, the day after 
the Sabbath of Passover week, is Resurrection Sunday (Matt 28:1; Mk 
16:1-2; Lk 24:1; Jn 20:1). 

Matthew 28:1-10

He Is Risen

28 Now after the Sabbath, as the first day of the week began to 
dawn, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb. And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and cameand rolled back the stone from the door,[a] and sat on it. His countenance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow. And the guards shook for fear of him, and became like dead men.

But the angel answered and said to the women, “Do not be afraid, 
for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. And go quickly and tell His disciples that He is risen from the dead, and indeed He is going before you into Galilee; there you will see Him. Behold, I have told you.”

So they went out quickly from the tomb with fear and great joy, 
and ran to bring His disciples word.

The Women Worship the Risen Lord

And as they went to tell His disciples,[b] behold, Jesus met 
them, saying,“Rejoice!” So they came and held Him by the feet and worshiped Him. 
10 Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid. Go and tell My brethren to go to Galilee, and there they will see Me.”

Mark 16:1-2

16 Now when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices, that they might come and anoint Him.Very early in the morning, on the first day of the week, they came to the tomb when the sun had risen.

Luke 24:1

He Is Risen

24 Now on the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they, and certain other women with them came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared.

John 20:1

The Empty Tomb

20 Now on the first day of the week Mary Magdalene went to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb.

According to the Law of the Sinai Covenant, this was the day the covenant people celebrated the Feast of Firstfruits-a feast celebrated the day afterthe Sabbath of Passover week (Lev 23:9-14). The feast signaled the beginning of the harvest when the people in thanksgiving present the first fruits of the barley harvest to God at the Temple.

God prescribed that this feast would always fall on a Sunday(12). The day we call Sunday was the first day of the week and the first day of Creation in Genesis (the Sabbath, Saturday, being the 7th day). The day of Jesus'

Resurrection was the day of the New Creation when all of creation was renewed in the Resurrection of the Son of God-the King of Kings, and the great harvest of souls into heaven begins with Christ the first fruits of the great harvest: But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep (I Cor 15:20).

Luke 

24:44-49 The resurrected Jesus appears to the Twelve 

Jesus appeared to the Disciples after his resurrection and ate with them demonstrating that his body was a physical body.

Jesus shared with them from the scriptures (our Old Testament) showing them that everything that had happened had been 
predicted long ago and it was necessary that it be fulfilled. Then 
the Disciples finally understood that Jesus’ death and resurrection took place so that repentance and forgiveness of sins could come and be preached to all people beginning with Jerusalem.

Then Jesus instructed the Disciples to stay in Jerusalem until they were to receive the Holy Spirit as God had promised. Jesus words in this passage described the Holy Spirit as if it would come over them like a garment, and that it would give them power from God.

The Disciples experienced so much in three short days. 
Jesus’ mockery of a trial which they were too frightened to attend, his 
crucifixion, death, and burial. Then as they were staying in hiding behind locked doors, Jesus appeared to them. After all this, they are told to wait for the Holy Spirit. (See John 20:19-23)

John 20:19-23

19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, 
when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his 
side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.

21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father 
hath sent me, even so send I you.

22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto 
them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose 
soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

It is so hard to put myself into their minds to understand what they must have been going through, but it would certainly be an 
understatement no matter what kind of words we chose to describe their feelings.

How much confusion and disruption are we willing to endure for Jesus’ sake? When the road gets bumpy and rough do we decide that we must be on the wrong road, that we must 
have misunderstood God’s call?

WHO CAN FORGET DOUBTING THOMAS

Doubting Thomas was one of the 12 disciples in the Bible. Another name for Thomas was Didymus, which comes from the Hebrew and 

Greek words both meaning 'the twin.' He wasn't one of the more well known disciples, but he was popular enough to earn the nickname "Doubting Thomas." He was given this label because he simply did not believe that Jesus had risen from the dead. I too have been a 'Doubting Thomas.' But the experience made me a better person and made my faith so much more stronger. 

Jesus appears to some of the disciples, but Thomas was not with them the first time. John 20:25 says, "So the other disciples told him, 'We have seen the Lord!' But he [Thomas] said to them, 'Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it.'" 

Eight days later, Jesus appears before His disciples again: "A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among 
them and said, 'Peace be with you!' Then he said to Thomas, 'Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.' Thomas said to him, 'My Lord and my God!' Then Jesus told him, 'Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed' (John 20:26
-29). 

How truthful all this is. If Thomas hadn't been a doubter, this famous saying may not have been recorded in history. This particular saying has helped me many times in my life. When things have been 
going badly for me, when I have faced hardships and pain, this saying has given me hope. 

Even though Thomas earned a negative label, he was not lacking in some very good qualities. He displayed great courage and loyalty. 
When the other disciples tried to keep Jesus from going to Bethany to raise Lazarus from the dead because of the danger from those in the area who had just earlier tried to stone Him (John 11:8), Thomas said to them, "Let us also go, that we may die with Him" (John 11:16). Thomas also asked Him one of the most famous questions. John 14:5-6 says, "Thomas said to him, 'Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?' Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except 
through me.'"

In today’s world of technology, and the advances of science, so many look back on the stories of the bible as Thomas did about Jesus rising from the dead. Many question the bible and those events, but those who know Jesus as Lord and what He did for their lives, not only believe the stories as historical but by faith we accept and those events have changes millions of lives all the way back to the time of Jesus.

The message is He is Alive and lives for ever more and yet maybe some of you reading this may not know Jesus as your Lord. You can.

If you died today, would you go to Heaven? Today we celebrate 

Easter, because Jesus rose from the dead, but little over 2000 years ago, Jesus died on the cross for the sins of all Humanity, taking our sin debt upon himself that who so ever calls on the name of the Lord would be saved.

If you do not know Jesus as your Lord, I beg you to consider Jesus today. Give him the opportunity to change your life and give you Eternal Life through him.

On behalf of me and my Wife Catherine, we wish you a very Blessed Easter to you and your family 
and pray that the Lord will touch you in a very special way.

God Bless all of you.

Chaplain Jerry and Catherine Ballard

You need to be a member of Navy Veterans to add comments!

Join Navy Veterans

Email me when people reply –