I was aboard 1971-73, first Westpac...Vietnam Blue Water, 1972....Radioman.. 

You need to be a member of Navy Veterans to add comments!

Join Navy Veterans

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Richard is doing super, owns and runs his own construction co in Ca.  I live n Evansville Indiana, moved out here after my wife and I closed our Mortgage Business in 2010 after 25 years in business.  One of my daughters lives out here and she has a five year old son we love to spoil.  I  have a total of 4 kids and 11 grand children.  My son is a Master Chief, master diver in the Navy doing 30 years and one of my daughters did four years on the US Boxer.  I do some work for the Evansville Courier Press that keeps busy.  We have ball team, The Evansville Otters, let me know if you are ever in town, love to see you.  Take care and have super 4th.  Marc  

• We play in the same league as the Otters. We play them in pre-season games and made our only  trip there a few weeks ago. Usually we play them there twice. Just not this year! We'll get together the next time I'm out that way. Possibility we could be out there for the play offs...never know. Son is in Columbia, MD, stationed at Ft Mead as a naval intel officer.

• I had to pull our my cruise book, look you up and now its coming back to me.  You were a cool officer and we had lot of respect for you.  I don't know if you remember Richard Tilley or not but him and I have stayed close over the years.  We worked in the multi lift room together for a while and used to mess with Calhoun when he came in.  Calhoun was a real jerk...we just loved to screw with him, hope life is good for you...Sir...

• OH, I surely do remember RM2 Tilley. Was one of the best 2nd class. Always looked sharp, did his job the same way. I have a lot of fond and good memories of the Radio Gang. I was pretty intimidated when I first came aboard. Imagine just out of college, practically right off the farm and being thrown into a 100 man division. BUT...I had a very wise GMSC at Ohio State I'm living in Perryville, MO, retired from teaching and now having a great time driving a charter bus. My main job right now is driving a professional independent baseball team through the summer. The Southern Illinois Miners out of Marion, IL. Took a while to recall LCDR Calhoun. I'd have to agree with you. He seemed to pretty much know it all. At least to an Ensign he did. After leaving the BR, I was in the reserve for 15 years. Had a great time there. Even was with the Marines for a while. Keep in touch!

• Happy 4th of July, Marc. The more I thought about you, the more I remember you in my division and your personality.

This reply was deleted.