Replies

• VF-121 Pacemaker 1973-76  Loved the F4 too.  My brother Air Force 68-76 was an F4 jet mechanic- loved them too, worked on B-52's but always was a Phantom guy.  My last year at NAS Miramar the very first west coast F-14 squadron moved in next door.

• Thank You for Serving Barry. What was your job in VF-121?

• Left after 1 USN tour as a PN2.  I eventually was in charge of the administrative and service records office in the FRAMP division.  In our hangar we were on the main deck in a converted maintenance workspace.  My desk was next to a rolling door, which we would open on nice days (lots of those in San Diego, out at NAS Miramar), if the wind wasn't blowing too much. Loved the San Diego area.  When I joined the Navy in Jan 2, I was told  I would be doing boot camp in Chicago.  But then they closed that recruit center because of a health related quarantine and they told I would be going to Orlando instead.  When I showed up at Metro Airport at the military desk they gave me a ticket to San Diego.  I also did A school there and then was assigned to VF121.

• I have a second Facebook page 'Pacemaker Fitron 121' A closed group page. Request membership and

I'll approve it.

• Was a Pacemaker from 78 -80. Loved the F-4

This reply was deleted.