Joining Command

I am very honored to be a member of this Command.  I served from 1961 to 1969 in the regular Navy.  All veterans put their lives on the line, each and every day of service, whether hostile or not. 

You need to be a member of Navy Veterans to add comments!

Join Navy Veterans

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Anyone know john Rudolph please have him contact Dave reigle here or dareigle@gmail.com, I sent friend request but no reply. I guess most don't follow on Twitter like I do.
  • It's good to be a part of this Cold War command. I am brand new at this Navy Veterans site, so a little bit about myself can be found on my page. I wrote my book and it includes a lot of details about my first enlistment during the Cold War (1980-1984). I served as a Radioman for twenty years and my book is found here:

http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=20821522

The stories in my book all center in on the Cold War timeline....I came in right after Carter left office and entered the Reagan Years...boot camp, two "A" schools, USS Forrestal, USS Sellers, and read about the time I was with an older woman when something was about to happen...and then we turned on the TV and heard about KAL flight 007.....unforgettable moments like that. It's a historical memoir but told on DECKPLATE LEVEL unlike a lot of the memoirs I've read. No bragging, just my story, honest and up front!

Anyway, glad to be here and I hope to hear from you vets soon.
    • John, I read some of the glowing reviews of your book. I have written some of my experiences while stationed aboard the Darby T-AP-127. It was a troop and dependent transport out of the Brooklyn Army Terminal. We sailed to Bremerhaven, Gemany and Southampton, England. I made 50 trans-Atlantic crossings in 24 months. Maybe I will go to the LULU site and submit my book too. Any suggestions??
    • Frank, the only roadblock so far is trying to do a book signing at Barnes & Noble. They won't do one because the book is non-returnable since it's print on demand. But I'd recommend Lulu otherwise, even though YOU do all of the editing on your own, and the marketing. even though B&N are selling my book they won't do a signing. It's frustrating so my next attempt at doing a signing will be through the Navy Exchange.

You can contact me directly at john_jen@comcast.net if you have any more questions - good luck with your book project!
    • Thanks John.
This reply was deleted.