Navy Veterans

A Social Network for Navy Veterans of the United States of America

What have you thrown overboard while underway, that you didn't want anymore?  

I tossed my soaked, smelly, greasy, grimy dungarees, that I wore during the shellback initiation over the side afterwards.   

I wonder how long they floated out there. 

Oh wow-   I think my name was on those dungarees.  Will I get in trouble if somebody finds them?

Oh wait-   that was 43 years ago.  

Never mind.

Views: 702

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

An impossible knot...  had a young man walk up to me in the smoke pit one afternoon and ask to bum a smoke, I said, "No problem but you gotta untie an impossible knot first."  He said "there's no such thing, any knot that can be tied, can be un-tied."  So I took out a washer and a small piece of line I had in my pocket, tied a granny knot through the washer and threw it over the side... the look on his face was priceless as he watched it sink and the realization that it truely was an impossible knot set in.  For the entertainment value alone I gave him a smoke...

RSS

© 2019   Navy Vets, Inc. Created by Douglas Karr in accordance with regulations covering all websites which are not government websites, neither the United States Navy or the Department of Defense has approved, endorsed, or authorized this web site.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service