Navy Veterans

A Social Network for Navy Veterans of the United States of America

IS THE BLUE BIRD CLUB (USO) STILL GOING IN NAPLES . ITALY?

Views: 439

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Greetings I dont know now,but I was there in1964.Great spagetti & too much whiskey

I remember buying tickets at door for use inside .25cents wiskey 15 for beer

From November of 1967 to July 1970 I was the Asst. Navy Exchange Officer at the Naval Support Activity in Naples. The Navy Exchange operated the Bluebird Club in downtown Naples, and supervising the civilian manager (Vince Vitale) was one of my duties. I enjoyed going to the club for dinner and shows as,a part of my job. It is my understanding that the Bluebird Club is no longer open, but that is only from hearsay. Morgan S. "Mike" Bragg

Spent the yrs of Aug 57 to  Oct 59 in CSCN/CHSA and CFE/CNA Navy 510.  Enjoyed the BlueBird Club in Naples.  Lived in the Hotel Tricarico in Bagnoli until the Navy Barracks were built up on Via M de Carrivachio.  Was in Naples in 2009 ona trip but only spent 20 mins there.  Wanted to take a whole day there but had to stay with group.  Hopefully will be able to get back there.  Loved the duty.

Dick Ritrievi, YN2

thank yoy for the info. i was there many times in 60 @ 62 on med cruses. naples was no.1 liberty port great times.

RSS

© 2018   Navy Vets, Inc. Created by Douglas Karr in accordance with regulations covering all websites which are not government websites, neither the United States Navy or the Department of Defense has approved, endorsed, or authorized this web site.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service