Navy Veterans

A Social Network for Navy Veterans of the United States of America

What do you call those black click pens with the silver band in the middle?

I was thinking of these the other day and how prevalent they were while we were PCSing all over the world in the navy.

Are those still around anymore?

Views: 174

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Papermate brand ballpoint pens? 


 The company still makes them with a different look to them. The vintage ones appear on EBay. 

That's almost fancier than I remember.  The one I'm thinking of had about a 1/4" round silver band and the shirt clip was just a basic silver piece.

That was just one example, they came in different colors and with different styles. It may be another brand of pen that you are referring to but the Paper Mate brand had two little hearts on the pocket clip if it had a pocket clip on the pen. 

No, not those.  They were very bland looking.  black pen, silver band at the middle where it screws apart and a silver push button to get the tip out.

I don't recall these being called by anything specific. I do remember that they had a embossed stamp that said "Property of U S Government". That never stopped anyone from taking home a few of these.

They were just government pens, you know; Pen, Ink, Ball Point, Black, 1 ea., NSN 7530-00-222-2735 (or something like that! Used to pick them up by the dozen at Servmart. And actually, if you took the silver cap off the clicker, there were colored plastic clicker inserts underneath. We used to see if we could collect all the colors. I think there were like eight different colors. Yeah, cheap thrills back in the day! 


© 2020   Navy Vets, Inc. Created by Douglas Karr in accordance with regulations covering all websites which are not government websites, neither the United States Navy or the Department of Defense has approved, endorsed, or authorized this web site.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service