Navy Veterans

A Social Network for Navy Veterans of the United States of America

Welcome Aboard! Do you need your Ship or Station added?

I'm excited about the launch of Navy Vets - a site built and owned by a Navy Vet FOR Navy Veterans. Please spread the word!

I just started adding groups for each of the ships and commands that we need. If you don't see yours here, simply comment on this discussion and I'll go ahead and add it. As well, I'd love to make you the Administrator!

Views: 417

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

USSPiedmont AD 17 1959-1960
USS Brown DD 546 1960 -1962
USS Swordfish SSN 579 1964-1967
USS Abraham Linclon SSBN 602 Blue and Gold 1970-1975
NRD San Francisco Chief Recruiter 1975- 1981
MM A School May to June 1959
Thanks Ron! I've added them!
Hey Doug, like this site. I have a few commands we need to include..........

USS CANON PG-90......................DECOM 1977
USS MOOSBRUGGER DD-980...DECOM 2000
USS WAINWRIGHT CG-28...........DECOM
USS HARRY E YARNELL CG-17..DECOM
DTV ELK RIVER IX-501 EX LSMR-501.....DECOM SUNK AS TARGET 1999
USS RUSHMORE LSD-47....STILL ON DUTY
I can't find Elk River - can you find me a page on the command? The rest are in, though!
USS BACHE DD-470 WWII SERVICE, HIT BY KAMAKAZE 3/13/45. REACTIVATED FOR VIETNAM 1964. SLIPPED ANCHORAGE OFF RHODES GREECE AND WENT AGROUND 1968. SCUTTLED.
Got the USS Bache! Thanks!
Commander Crusier Destroyer Group Two (COMCRUDESGRU 2)
Done! Added 1, 2 and 8!
Hey Doug,
Great site. I've sent out a few messages about this site. Do you think adding a command for ADJ "A" School, NATTC Memphis (Millington, TN) is valid? I started something similar on www.military.com. I'm not aware of any specific emblems or such applicable to that school.
hi doug, you might add these ships to your list.they have all been decommioned ,sold to other countries,or scraped.kiowa/ atf-72, vulcan/ar5,lawerance-ddg-4 cambria-apa-36/ edenton,ats-1.
If you served on the Orleck and want to meet old shipmates, come to our reunion. Contact info listed below.
USS Orleck (DD-886) Aug 7-10 Branson, MO. Contact Bob Orleck
(802) 728-9806
bob@ussorleck.com
Gerald Hannah
(901) 872-2084
Ret NavyCPO1985@yahoo.com
Gerald,

Be sure to add this to the Events calendar if you haven't already!

Doug

RSS

© 2018   Navy Vets, Inc. Created by Douglas Karr in accordance with regulations covering all websites which are not government websites, neither the United States Navy or the Department of Defense has approved, endorsed, or authorized this web site.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service