Navy Veterans

A Social Network for Navy Veterans of the United States of America

The most difficult part of getting any social network up and running is finding new folks to come aboard. I've gotten feedback from quite a bit of folks - some didn't like that there was advertising (it defers the cost of the site) and some see it as competition to their own website.

I started Navy Vets because I didn't like the large sites that were owned by mainstream media (the same guys that don't care for the military), so I wanted a place where we could all share our stories, photos, video, etc.

What are your ideas? How can we get the word out? I think the best way is through invitations. I'm spending (a lot) on Google Adwords right now and it seems to be working. What other things can we do to make NavyVets.com the best and only place that sailors and their families need to go online?

Views: 417

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am all Navy but i drink my coffee from a Marine cup. A trophy. A long story. You know I had a little fun last week and send in a request for my military records to St. Louis. Got a email back stating they had no record of me ever having served in the armed serves. Also they encluded a interesting statement, " we even had the FBI search for your records". And they wonder why we are broke as a nation! The clerk used a wrong number in my SSN. Which was shown on the letter she mailed me. So i faxed the request again and clouded up the SSN. They send me the same dumb letter. Stating we have no records indicating you ever served in the Navy. I just want to know were I apply to get those years back. You know iw as just going to sign up for my VA card so i could apply for a job at the local dawm, always wanted to have peoples lives in my hands. LOL
hey doug, this site is great...the only sites i ever found were the ones that wanted you to join and get $$$$$$ from you.this allows other than the lounge lizards to say and be a part of the greatest navy in the world....word of praise...i was in viet nam as a tonkin gulf sailor on the ranger, no i was not in country but my job as a aircraft mech was just as inportant...seems to me that the military organizations including the va hospitals revier the purple heart awardies...well it brings to mind of the redball express in WWII and patton getting all the credit, those truckers made heros out of thhe fighters...what would they have done without the redball people..throw rocks and sticks at the enemy...for theos that do't get what i said...all of us, cooks personelmen, yoemen, supply, plane captins, mechanics, enginemen, and the list is lonne..we helped win those battles...and the generals and admrils got all the medals for leading us....b.s., we knew our jobs and how important they were for the winning of battles....three cheers for our side....
Awesome site, great idea for Navy Vet. to reconnect. Served on USS Guadalcanal (LPH-7) USS Sierra (AD-18), as a BT2. Once a HoleSnipe ALWAYS a HoleSnipe! L O L !!
I am all for the Navy Vet. ,we need the to stick together. Walt Williams

RSS

© 2018   Navy Vets, Inc. Created by Douglas Karr in accordance with regulations covering all websites which are not government websites, neither the United States Navy or the Department of Defense has approved, endorsed, or authorized this web site.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service