Navy Veterans

A Social Network for Navy Veterans of the United States of America

News and Links to Share (310)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

USS Grayback SS-208

The USS Grayback SS-208, credited with sinking 14 enemy ships during WWII, was recently discovered off the coast of Japan with 80 entombed…

Started by Lee Damicone

0 on Monday

Recent suicides aboard the carrier George H. W. Bush

A very SAD & ALARMING news article today:https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/24/us/navy-suicides-uss-george-bush.html:.  My prayer and cond…

Started by Lee Damicone

3 Sep 27
Reply by David De Rooy

THERE ARE SOME REAL PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/plumbers-dollar0-invoice-for-terminally-ill-woman-goes-viral/ar-AAHqTEu?ocid=spartandhp

Started by Philip Tucker

0 Sep 17

MNPO 1

I was TAD at MOBILE NAVY POST OFFICE 1, FLEET AIR SUPPORT UNIT, DA NANG, RV during Jan. & Feb, 1973...My regular duty station was Termi…

Started by Edward Foth

2 Aug 22
Reply by Mike Rossi

GROUNDING OF THE USS LEXINGTON (CVT-16) 31 MARCH 1973

USS LEXINGTON (CVT-16) This is a personal account by then FN Nelson J. Coleman. Grounding incident on 31 March 1973 while steaming out of…

Started by Nelson Coleman

3 Jul 30
Reply by Emmet Molloy

USS John R. Perry DE-1034 Family Gram from 1959

FAMILY-GRAM NUMBER TWO                        1959 The purpose of this family-gram is to keep the families and friends of the USS JOHN R. P…

Started by Lee Damicone

0 Jul 28

Sea Story from USS America, March 1977

As all of you know, a sea story has to begin with "this ain't no s***". So moving past that....whenever there is a fire announcement on the…

Started by Michael Alan Sonntag

1 Jul 10
Reply by David De Rooy

Veterans in the Western end of Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex

On the last Friday of the month (except for July), an organization called Roll-Call holds a gathering at the Family Life Center at Birchman…

Started by Michael Alan Sonntag

0 Jul 9

Age Limit to reenlist,Into the Navy?

I am 51years Old, Is there anything that the Navy could Offer Me?

Started by Christopher James Cook

2 Jun 22
Reply by Christopher James Cook

I J K

After 10 years of marriage, a wife asked her husband to describe how good a wife she had been, and to give her a rating, so she could refle…

Started by Philip Tucker

0 Jun 10

RSS

© 2019   Navy Vets, Inc. Created by Douglas Karr in accordance with regulations covering all websites which are not government websites, neither the United States Navy or the Department of Defense has approved, endorsed, or authorized this web site.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service