Replies

• i remember Fiddlers green use to have good happy hour there before we went down town

• I was the Club Manager at the El Gecko Club from 1981 to 1985.

• Janeen, I was on NAS Nov 78 to Jan 81, worked at the ASWOC- Patwingone det and had been to the El Gecko numerous times. Went back to Guam in 88 as a civi and had a band called Riptide and we played the ol El Gecko a few times, mostly down at Barneys or Andy's Hut. I'll look for photos...you should see what's left of the old NAS barracks, etc, creepy, so overgrown and abandonded. Hafa Adai!

• I worked at the NAS crash and salvage my first 18 months, and was transfured to NAS security my last 6 months. Had a great time. I was back there several times after getting out of the Navy and went to work for MSC. Its a lot differant now.

• Sure do, I think I only went there for lunch and the Chief's club was right in Navy Housing just a block or so from where I lived, they opened it up to all ranks just before we all had to make the move out of housing and return the base back to the Chamorro's. We ended up North at Andersen AFB, what an out of the way location, except the club there and down at the beach was really good.

• I do, I was stationed at NAS Agana from May 1975-May 1977. Tim House ABH-1
  • OK Thanks
  • David, I'm talking about the Fiddlers Green on Augana Guam not Japan. While on Guam did you ever meet a James P. Long?
This reply was deleted.