Agent Orange

Hi there....

I served on the USS Ranger (CVA-61) from 1961-1965.  I am in the process of applying for my disability and one of the questions asked is if anyone on the Ranger at that time could prove that we were subjected to agent orange while cruising off the coast of Vietnam during that time.  I remember several times bieng able to see the coast clearly as we were firing air strikes off the deck.  I picked up the ship in Yokosuka in September (?) of 1961 and went directly to Yankee Station off the coast of Vietnam.  We were bombing the Viet Cong as early as 1961.

Any information you have would be greatly appreciated 

Thanks a lot....

Jack Smart

S-4 Division Disbursing

USS Ranger (CVA-61)

You need to be a member of Navy Veterans to add comments!

Join Navy Veterans

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I too have applied to agent orange--was denied cause i wasnt in country---I have diabeties type 2 and congestive heart failure---am goin to try to re-apply for it---i was on the USS MAZAMA AE_9 off the coast of Nam in 66 --and we have been in close enuff to coast to git it--i was a BT and did run evaps also boilers on the Mazama--take care all god bless--
        Jim Reed--
        • I WAS A BOILER TEC FOR 71/2 YEARS I APPLYED FOR ASBETOSES EXPOSER IN 2000 AND FAUGHT THE VA FOR 11 YEARD I GOT MY 100% IN SEPTEMGER RETROACTIVE BACK TO OCTEBER OF 2008 AND AM NOW 100%. SO YOU HAVE TWO CLAMES HERE GO DOWN AND FILE FOR ASBESTOS,

• i was a bt2 on the general jc breckinridge,took 5500 troops to viet nam,every 60 days , from oakland and was on land as i was oil an water king,had to handle all fuel hoses on land,the zipperheads coulnt do it!

have prriphial neuropathy and the va found it!

have had my diability in since 2000,dont give up!!

terry l barentsen bt1

This reply was deleted.