A Mosque at Ground Zero in New York

I personally feel that if the state of New York or even the city of New York goes ahead and allows a mosque to be built near the site of Ground Zero I feel that this is a insult to all those innocent people that died there and to their families, especially the ones that were never found, the U.S went to war in Iraq and in Afganinstan because one person who dose not like America talked a bunch of his country men to come here and try and destroy us, answer me this. in those countries how many christian churches are there next to their memorials? Not very many, I feel that every American should stand up and say no way, and if you want to build a place of worship well bulid one for any one and worship, muslim, christian etc. and its time for our commander in chief to make a stand for the people who put him in office and stop the building of this mosque.

lets hear from everyone.

LONG LIVE THE USA

You need to be a member of Navy Veterans to add comments!

Join Navy Veterans

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I come to the Navy Vets site to talk about Navy stuff.

If I want political or religious opinion I will go to a site involved in those kinds of topics.

Thank you.
    • We welcome everyone's opinion here, Hans! People are free to post what they like - we just want to maintain respect for each other as veterans.
  • I just think it is in poor taste and if you remember correctly Marvin all the TERRORISTS were CITIZENS of SAUDI ARABIA. I'm not a big fan of any religion to be honest with you, but we must not let the Terrorists drag us down to their level. It isn't Liberalism that will allow this Mosque to be built, but the very principles of American Life that we all hold so dearly. Sometimes holding up that principle can become unpopular. It does not matter where it is, 1 block from Ground Zero or 100 miles it is on Private Property. Marvin there are plenty of Japanese that live and work in Hawaii and Pearl Harbor, plenty of German people who live and work with Jewish people. 9/11 was a tragedy as was the bombing at Oklahoma City, by one of our own home grown terrorists. We have to keep cool heads and not fight amongst ourselves over this. This is just what the terrorists want. In World War II we rounded up Japanese Americans and put them in camps. WE are the Good Guys and if we want to stay the good guys we have to act like it and be above everybody else. Sure I want Justice but I don't want to be a hateful murderer to get the results. Prove to them that we truly are a tolerant and peaceful people. My father said this is the way everybody felt after Pearl Harbor, they wanted to kill every Jap in sight and 50 years from now, Ground Zero will be a very important memorial like the USS Arizona and thats it. Can you believe our government is doing joint military exercises with Vietnam ? That bothers me !!...So where do we stop ? DO we round them all up and put em in Death Camps ? Seems like that has been done before too.
    This whole Mosque thing has divided us all terribly, even the victims families. It is sad, but fighting and arguing about it won't bring these people back. Oh one more thing, has anybody checked to see if there are any Muslims working in or near the Pentagon ? You think our military should check peoples religion and race before they are allowed to enlist ? I have all the deepest sympathy for the victims and families, but they are getting the Memorial at Ground Zero am I correct ? They don't own the rest of NY.
  • I agree with everyone 100% W e even have judges who say its unconstitutional to display crosses along side the highway cause it may send the wrong message to people. Before long they will try to put someone in congress then we're really going to be up a creek.
  • Hey all, one thing that was not mentioned or I missed it is that the Greek Orthodox Church was told no on a rebuild. Something to think about. Building this mosque would be hypercritical by the very people we put in office...oh wait, that is nothing new. Oh did we forget how the left wanted to remove the Cross in the Mojave Desert which is a memorial to the WW1 veterans? The left lost that case and guess what, they stole the cross.
    The Christian Religion in the last few years if not decade has been under attack by the ACLU, Democrats, and other groups. Now it is ok to build a religious building because we are to be "tolerant?" Where was the tolerance for that Cross Memorial?
    • Tim,

You're right... for the first time in my adult life I actually saw the left wing on television defending religious freedom. It's amazing and ridiculous. It truly shows their true colors.... and it's scary.

Doug
  • Doug I watched the video that you posted and I like what she had to say but it is against their religion and their holy book to have anything to do with us or the Jews, we are infidels, pigs and scum, and we are to be obliterated from the face of the earth. It is hard to trust someone who faithfully believes in this and treating woman as second class humans…..
    • Hi D. John,

Against the fanatical's teachings - yes, but not against the Quran. I've actually got a copy of the Quran and read it after 9/11 because I truly wanted to know whether or not Jihad was going to be a global movement by all Muslims. It's not in there. The word 'infidel' is also not utilized in the Quran - not a single time.

Organized religion always has a way of distorting words on a page. That's what the fanatics have done in this case with Islam. And yes, I think we should be at war with the fanatics because our very future depends on it.

The fact is that in the Quran, Surah 3:3-4, there is an acknowledgement that God actually revealed the Torah and the Gospel (with a belief in Jesus) and that, as a descendant of Abraham, Muhammad believed in both! They weren't the very books that we believe in (the modern Bible wasn't quite prepared back then), but they were the word of God.

Don't get me wrong - as a Christian, I have different beliefs than Muslims, but I also have friends who are Muslim and they've never been brought up that there is somehow a war between us. In some parts of the world, like Ethiopia, there's been almost an even split and the two religions have co-existed peacefully for since the days of Muhammad. Muslims aren't our enemy - fanaticism is our enemy!

I also don't believe that Islam is responsible for the fall of Christianity, either. I believe it's been a progressive movement for years throughout Europe and North America to obliterate it. The real enemies of Christianity are those who believe any belief in a God or Jesus needs removed from schools, the news, or even wiped off the face of the Earth. They've been fighting us more than fanatical Muslims have for hundreds of years. That's a war that needs waged soon, because they are winning.

Doug
      • Ok Doug, yes I have a few friends from Iran that went to a private Christian school with my boys, I asked them about sending there children to this school? They told us that there are all different kinds of religions and they wanted their kids to be able to experience Christianity as well as their own, then they could make up their own minds when they get older.
        I also know for a fact that since the prison systems in this country are 75% African-American that the only religion offered in there is the Muslim religion. And that it almost, takes an act of congress to get another religions preacher in to see a family member, especially if she is a woman.
        I don't care what kind of religion they want to practice, because that's what this country is all about. But if you are coming here you need to be legal, practice your own choice of faith and not be trying to push it on anybody else, by pulling that political correctness card. I understand where you are coming from but I still have a leery feeling about them wanting to take over the world, and the US is their main target. The way it looks there will be more of them than us, in a couple of years some European countries will be completely over run, such as Germany. I for one do not want to wake up one morning and say " Oh shit what the hell have we done? " because we let these politically correct fanatics. As with the case of a certain CNC and his wild bunch who have already opened the door.
        I'm not against them or their religion, but when they come here they need to know our country was founded on GOD and the 10 Commandments, deal with it and quit trying to change it, or go the hell home to that third world country you ran away from. We are already having Muslims in this country killing their own innocent daughters just because they liked the western world better than their own. How many more of these Muslim Fanatics do we have in this country, nobody knows because our country is to busy being politically correct to worry about it.
        Ok I'll quit ranting & raving, but this subject is close to my heart and I know what my Grandparents went through, especially my Grandmother for she was from Germany. I have said how I feel and I'm sleeping with one eye open, and I'm locked & loaded…...
        • D. John,

I don't think you're ranting at all - we agree more than we disagree. I just want to make certain that people know that the fanatical Islam teachings that are spreading throughout the world are a lie. I, too, am concerned that it's taking over the world.

And I agree with you 100% on political correctness. I also believe that the majority of Islamic leaders in the world are cowards, not standing up to their own people pushing terror and blowing themselves up. They should be the first people standing up and dying to make sure their religion isn't twisted like this. As a Christian, if we saw other Christians strapping bombs to their body and blowing up innocent people, you and I would both be locked and loaded trying to stop them.... it's amazing that so many Muslims stand by without saying a word.

Great discussion brother!
          Doug
This reply was deleted.