A Place Called Vietnam

I do not know who wrote this, but my hat is off to him. I did however change it a little. I don't care who you are or how old you are, you have to see this. If you didn't live through this era, then it is your duty to learn about it and to remember it and to honor those men and women who valiantly fought for our country. Sons and daughter, never forget what your parents went through. People who lived through this horror, remember that these were our brothers, our husbands and wives, our cousins, our close friends, our school mates. These are all the people we knew and loved and we should never, never, never stop honoring them as the heroes they are/were. See this, hear this, and cry. You won't be able to stop yourself as you think of the people, both living and dead, that fought in Vietnam. No one was left untouched by this time in our history. May God bless all of your hearts and souls and know that we will never forget any of you or ever be able repay you for your sacrifice...A Place Called VietNamSome gave a little;Some gave a lot;Some gave everything;We all gave something.. http://www.operationmom.org/ToOurParents.htmlIt saddens and upsets me when I ponder those people who did not honor our Country and our people at that time. We did not have a choice, we were serving our Country then as the men and women are serving their Country today in far away lands for my freedom and yours._________________Gerald Hannah U.S.S. Orleck 1966-1969

You need to be a member of Navy Veterans to add comments!

Join Navy Veterans

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for the comment and interest. You are more than welcome to join if you would like. Gerald
  • Thanks for visiting my page. Glad you enjoyed my tribute. I did not write it, however I did edit it to fit my feelings. I do not remember who the author was. I am so glad that Douglas Karr had the foresight to start Navy Vets, it is so easy to navigate. Not to mention the freedom you are allow.
  • Wow. Nice. Everyone should check this short, to the point, tribute from the Viet Nam vets children.
This reply was deleted.