US Navy 2009

After this presidential election, what's the Navy going to look like? Are we going to continue supporting the greatest Naval force in the world? Or, with growing fuel prices and negative attitudes towards our world conflicts, will the Navy take one across the bow? Have either of the candidates spoken on supporting the Military?

You need to be a member of Navy Veterans to add comments!

Join Navy Veterans

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You know, it speaks volumes of you by insulting and tearing down another American veterans' opinion. Not everyone thinks the way you do, which is every American''s right. If this discussion can't respect each one of us...I don't mean to offend anyone, but I do have the right to express my opinion as same as you...thank you
      • It was the arrogant tone in your opinion that makes me speak volumes. Most of us who choose not to see your opinion as fact, have been through this disscussion since the begining of the elections. and contrary to popular beliefes most of us Navy Vets believe obama and his closest supporters are shady and are up to something. Further more before he drags our country down the tubes, we Patriots who grew up believing in the Consitution and what it stands for, and thus we signed the blank check to protect our country and what she stands for. Not to change our beliefs to make outsiders comfortable. If I have offended you, I'm sorry, but the majority of us don't like the man, his actions and his wife's actions and thier arrogant statements about our religious freedoms, and apologizing for our country and her beliefs. In my opinion I believe that it was a plot to play the race card, to get this little known,done nothing, come from no where, and still hideing his true birth certifacate, and the list goes on and on.
        This is a touchy subject, and if you want to be insulted or be torn down, practice what you preach. As I said you opened this can of worms when you attacked another Veterans opinion. Who happens to be a long time friend and a Brother Navy Veteran.
        • Mr. Maddalena, I did not attack anyone, let along a fellow Navy veteran, please read my posts with an open mind and not read into them. You attacked me by calling me a "G__ D__ bleeding heart", etc. I only expressed my opinion to a previous post. And if you are offended by my expressing my opinion, I'm sorry. I too believe in the Constitution and it was ripped apart (in my opinion) over the last 8 years. Most military polls taken of overseas Naval personnel were for President Obama prior to the election. If you mistrust all who don't think or believe as you do, fine, but at least treat them and me respectfully. I've live in Tennesse since 1995. Prior to that, I've lived all over the world since leaving the Navy and still travel a great deal due to my job. The world is filled with people with various opinions, yet somehow we need to learn to live together on this one small planet.
          • No Ma'm, I did not say GD anything. You Ma' m started this so take your advice and quit beatting this dead horse. I don't know polls you were looking at but you are sadly mistaken, and I too have a nephew that served 2 tours in Iraq, and is now serving 1 tour in Afghanistan. I am insulted and offended by your attitude and know in my heart that we surround you, you don't surround us.
            I will have no further contact with you, or your opinion.
  • It just happens that the majority of Muslims in America live in Detroit and Chicago areas. It isn't illegal for any group, religious or political to gather in this country, at least I haven't heard of any law stating otherwise. And it doesn't mean they are terrorists. And JFK was shot by Oswald, and Oswald was shot by Ruby in Dallas, TX...and John Hinckley, Jr. shot Pres. Reagan on March 30, 1981 in Washington, D.C.. Those are the facts...no conspiracy. Have a good day. End of discussion on this...OK? Happy Hunting.
  • Sorry David, I don't subscribe to political conspiracy theories. Usually they are based on little or no fact and magnified by the fears of people who don't adjust of change very well.
    • "Usually they are based on little or no fact and magnified by the fears of people who don't adjust of change very well."

Incorrect.

The facts are there but no matter how many times it is presented to obama and liberal supporters, they will always brush it off.

So are you saying you are o.k. on his massive spending by which he is sinking our debt even further? You are ok with a National Health care that will surely bankrupt the U.S. and destroy the private sector? I am on Federal Work Comp and if that is any indication of how the Universal Health care system will function, a Big NO THANK YOU for Government run health care. It is all about numbers and money, they (Feds) cannot afford something, you get a fat NO Can do from them. It would be the largest mistake Americans would allow if this happens.
  • And as veterans we all should be pleased with President Obama's increased VA budget and the new VA Secretary, Gen. Eric K. Shinseki. As a user of VA benefits at the Memphis VA, I've seen improvements and added medical personnel already. Wait times have lessened at the most frequently used out-patient clinics.
  • I don't believe the Navy or any branch of the military need worry about presidential support. President Obama has (DOD) Secretary Gates, (DNI) Admiral Blair, (NSA) General James Jones, and (Chairman JC) Admiral Mullen, all solid military men as advisors. President Obama campaigned on ending the Iraqi war responsibly (constrained by the Bush SOFA agreement) and fighting the real "war" in Afghanistan. When I was active duty, I never worried that I or my shipmates would be sent into harms way UNLESS it was necessary, and that there was a clear mission and exit strategy, or that we would have the training and equipment to accomplish the mission. Over the past 8-10 years I have unfortuantely found myself questioning the civilian leadership...My son is now on his 3rd deployment to Iraq (Army Nat'l Guard). Training prior to his first deployment (Camp Shelby, MS 2005) included training on humvees with PLYWOOD replicating up-armour! Platoons taking turns with limited bullet proof vests at the shooting range and on recon, not enough helmets, etc. Glad to say that training and equipment has improved since. Just prior to his current deployment, training and equipment was all state of the art, and he deployed with all the equipment required, with more waiting for his unit at Balad, Iraq. I never saw Iraq as the real front in fighting Al Queda, it was and is Afghanistan, and President Obama agrees. I just hope Americans continue to support our men and wormen warriors.
  • New Presidential Candidate... It's someone we know!

Hi,

There's an effort to elect an unknown random person as President... and it's someone we know! Watch this online video about the surprising new nominee:

http://www.tsgnet.com/pres.php?id=370743&altf=Ujn13Uif1Tifmmcbd...

Jot back a note to let me know what you think!

P.S. You all will be on my list for positions.
    Presidential Election Coverage 2016
    Random nominee takes nation by storm. This new candidate for President could win the election.
This reply was deleted.