US Navy 2009

After this presidential election, what's the Navy going to look like? Are we going to continue supporting the greatest Naval force in the world? Or, with growing fuel prices and negative attitudes towards our world conflicts, will the Navy take one across the bow? Have either of the candidates spoken on supporting the Military?

You need to be a member of Navy Veterans to add comments!

Join Navy Veterans

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• As much as I would love to see it, I am afraid that last part is a fairy tale. The Dems have seized power and will not give it up. Now they are about to get a supermajority and I fear it will be the end of capitalism and America as we know it.
    • God Help us...

As for illegal aliens. The media and dems white washed the numbers. The numbers are closer to 25 to 40 million illegals. If anyone is "Shocked" at the price of the iraq war, just look at the cost we are paying out for illegal aliens to stay here.
  • I agree Doug. Dem's are known for cutting the military budget and slashing programs that make Our Nation strong. Since the end of the Reagan era, even Bush senior slashed the military budget but he is part if the "new" Republicans who tend to be more questionable on their ideals. Look at our military forces today. I heard we are at pre-ww2 status in man power which is not very good for defense.

Thank you for sharing that video since some people may not know his true intentions for our military. Do you all remember how clinton and her supporters bragged about being loved by the military? What world is she or should I say, what are they smoking? When her hubby was in charge, we saw the military struggle to survive. I was in the reserves during that time and a lot of people were leaving the Navy because of the lack of budget and the members did not want to serve underneath his reign.

"From the beginning, President Clinton had a rocky relationship with the military. During the campaign, it was alleged that as a college student he had dodged the draft and publicly protested the Vietnam War. As president, his first policy action was to pledge to end the ban on gay men and lesbians in the military. The attempt to allow homosexuals to serve openly in the armed forces faced vigorous opposition in the Pentagon and the Congress. Clinton ultimately accepted a compromise dubbed the “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy.

Clinton's first secretary of defense, former representative Les Aspin, Jr., initiated a “bottom‐up” review of the post–Cold War military. His successor, William Perry, further reduced the armed forces by closing bases, capping expenditures, and emphasizing reservists. Active duty personnel declined in Clinton's first term from 1.7 million to under 1.5 million." http://www.answers.com/topic/bill-clinton

I am sure a little elbow grease you can find a lot more about his dislike of the military. So, hillary and her supporters who threw propaganda about the military loving the clinton family is a laughing matter. Then take into account "China gate," "China will likely replace the USA as world leader, said Bill Clinton in a recent Washington Post interview. It is just a matter of time. Clinton should know. He has personally done more to build China’s military strength than any man on earth." http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2003/5/26/214938.shtml

Then let us not forget how clinton fought terrorism. His wife would have not been any better. Do Americans expect obama to be strong against terrorist? I guess a good car salesman can sell swampland to the masses.

Moral of my story. I will not be voting for "change" or any other liberal rant.
  • Scary. This is what the terrorists are waiting for. Gee, he must be living in another world where everyone loves everyone! Obama telling his plans for the military click the link below! http://msunderestimated.com/2008/03/01/obamas-plans-for-our-militar... This is scary! This is an uninterrupted 51-second video of Obama speaking; he's telling us exactly what he will do to the military. Watch it before this too is removed from the web site. Pass it on. The USA needs a Wake-up call.
      • What the.... is this guy for real, futher more what planet is he livin on
        nuff said.
  • Good question. I think our military has been stretched to beyond what we anticipated, regardless of what we hear and read in the media. Even though our Navy hasn't been in the spotlight, I'm sure they too have been in various stages of readiness. Especially with respect to the nuclear activities arising from the middle east & Korea.
    I don't think we should ignore these sensitive issues, but I believe it's now time to focus on the problems we face at home. Hopefully at some point during this presidential race, the candidates will address our concerns and come to a balanced compromise that will relieve some of our frustrations at home and yet satisfy the needs of our world.
    • Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton, I do not think they will support any branch of the Military. There were no pay raises when Bill Clinton was President and if there were it was very little. On the other hand I think John McCain will support all branches being Ex Navy, in any case he's my man. I am also from Arizona which gives us something in common besides being retired Navy. As for fuel prices, my bet is the Navy will go
      nuclear powder. Just my opinion.
This reply was deleted.