Navy Veterans

A Social Network for Navy Veterans of the United States of America

Now Hear This (9)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

DD-214's are now online

Hi, folks. I'm not much with computers but I received an email saying the following: "The National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) has prov…

Started by William (Bill) Karr ETC(SS)

9 Nov 28, 2016
Reply by Terry C. Gremillion

We are mobile!

If you haven't noticed it yet, Navyvets.com is now  available on mobile devices. So if you're running android or iPhone the site looks grea…

Started by Douglas Karr

7 Oct 28, 2014
Reply by Denise Boulet

Veterans can render salute to the flag

In January of this year, the President signed legislation allowing veterans to salute the flag at parades, etc. This was mentioned in an ar…

62 Sep 3, 2014
Reply by Jim Decota

Getting out the Word on NavyVets.com!

The most difficult part of getting any social network up and running is finding new folks to come aboard. I've gotten feedback from quite a…

Started by Douglas Karr

40 Apr 26, 2014
Reply by Walter williams

Do You Yahoo!?

I've noticed that Yahoo! Groups has a great following of Navy Veterans. Virtually every command has a group in Yahoo. Ironically, some of N…

Started by Douglas Karr

7 Jun 18, 2010
Reply by Michael D Ries

Pearl Harbor Day - December 7, 1941

Let us remember this day. I don't see it even marked on calendars any longer. Except perhaps on those connected with the military. Sadly, t…

2 Dec 15, 2008

Welcome Aboard! Do you need your Ship or Station added?

I'm excited about the launch of Navy Vets - a site built and owned by a Navy Vet FOR Navy Veterans. Please spread the word! I just started…

Started by Douglas Karr

14 Jul 1, 2008
Reply by Douglas Karr

Ready Reference Contact Information

The following contact information is copied from the "SHIFT COLORS" newsletter dated Spring 2008. Burial at Sea Information: http://wwwnpc.…

0 May 12, 2008

How to Find or Start a Command at NavyVets.com

We're already over 100 members - wow! We also have over 300 invitations out to attract other members. I think that's fantastic growth for N…

Started by Douglas Karr

0 Jan 13, 2008

RSS

© 2017   Navy Vets, Inc. Created by Douglas Karr in accordance with regulations covering all websites which are not government websites, neither the United States Navy or the Department of Defense has approved, endorsed, or authorized this web site.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service