Interested in a reunion?

If your interested in participating in a possiible reunion, please let me know. I'm trying to get an idea of how many, where it would be and when a good time of year. Obviously it can't happen anytime too soon, but if enough of you are interested then perhaps it really can happen.Please, your input is always welcome!

You need to be a member of Navy Veterans to add comments!

Join Navy Veterans

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Everybody stopped talking about a reunion this year so let's get working for next year !! The Air Show at Oceana is Sept. 24+ 25, 2011 so what about something like arriving on 21st and having the reunion through the 25th. That would give Thursday and Friday to do a tour of Oceana and Norfolk if anybody wants too, have a dinner , dance etc, of some sort one of those nights, attend air show either Sat or Sunday. People who would need to leave to get back for Monday could go to the air show on Sat. Let's work on this Al ! Any input from others - bring it on. We've got a year to work on it so let's do it. I've got an in with the Navy band "Country Current" (step son plays in the band) so maybe we could arrange a play date for them also.
    • Have seen them in Baltimore.Good group of guy's!
    • Kim, thanks for stoking the fire. Much to my disappointment, I haven't yet heard anything from the Va Beach Chamber of Commerce. But your suggested dates are great. We'll shoot for the official first annual VA-85 reunion event to take place from Sept 21-25, 2011 In Virginia Beach, Va.

In the meantime, I've been getting back in touch with some former shipmates from my time and thinking about getting an unofficial reunion / get-together the last weekend of September(24th-26th) or the first weekend in October (1st -3rd). I'm not trying to alter the official plans, but if anyone wants to meet I'd enjoy the company and would like to see the ocean before the winter sets in. I've been thinking of the beach. Anyone care to join in? Speak up!
    • Sounds good Al. If you're going down to Va. Beach next month , maybe you could talk with a few motels along the beach and get some idea how many rooms etc to get a cheaper rate . Anything I can do or info I can put together - let me know. When you get back , give me a call and we'll start getting it together.
    • Thanks Kim. Trying to get this put together will be quite a challenge so anyone with a talent would be welcome to help. Hopefully travel plans won't fizzle out, but we'll talk soon.
    • Hey Al, did you get to make your trip down to Va. Beach ? Just wondering if you were able to find anything out on rooms etc .
    • Unfortunately I didn't go Kim. Initially I was a bit hesitant because of the weather patterns that were developing , but since nobody else was interested either, I decided to bag it and try another time. I'll try to make some calls for room rates and I'll get in touch with you.
    • Got to tell everyone who may have missed it,,, the airshow this year was great. Weather was warm and clear and the show was an event to see. For anyone who can make the trip,might look at the weather when the event is sched for next year and make the trip, was kind of intersting because we actually got to park on the flight line behind 42 / 85 hangers,brought back some good memories and some others also lol
    • Hello Al, I am going to attend the air show this Sat sept 18th at oceana, wondering if anyone else is planning on being there,thanks Jamie
    • Thanks Jamie. It doesn't look like I'll be there due to the project list at home but perhaps someone else will.
This reply was deleted.