2017 VA85 Reunion

Time flies but unfortunately A-6's no longer do.  Nevertheless, keep the camaraderie going!  

For those who are wanting or plan to attend the next reunion, it will take place October 5th thru 8th in Charleston, SC.  

To get updates regarding the reunion, you need to be added to the reunion roster.  Send an email indicating your interest to:  va85reunion@gmail.com

We had a great time during our last reunion in 2014.  Lets keep it going.  Hope to see everyone there.

Any suggestions?

You need to be a member of Navy Veterans to add comments!

Join Navy Veterans

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Just want to remind everyone that the reunion forms must be received by August 21st.  If you're planning to go to the reunion (Oct 5-8) in Charleston, please get your forms filled out and mail them to Bob Moore ASAP.  Also, don't forget to contact the hotel and make your reservation.  Rooms not reserved will go into general inventory and may present a problem for you.  Lastly, if you're wanting to display your memorabilia or donate something to our raffle or auction, contact Bob, Kim Brockhoff or me.  
    We're getting closer to our event and we're looking forward to see you there.  Charge on!
  • So it's now the middle of June and several folks previously responded that they planned to attend the 2017 Reunion in Charleston. There's still 79 vets that haven't yet sent in their registration forms and we still haven't received any response from another 92 former VA-85 personnel!

If all 171 vets plus their guests would attend, that would not only be awesome, but would be a record breaker.

Ask yourself,  why don't you want to attend?

•  Sorry to say i am unable to attend. would really like to be there sometime.maybe next one. Sure you will all have a good time.

• Thank you Al,
    I would like to invite everyone to sign his Guest Book, not with sorrow and condolences, but with stories ya'll remember of Max.
    He was always telling us stories including the USS Hancock, shore leave(oh my) and the fact that he or God found him on the Hancock.  
    My heart is so broken, we were together 24/7, he was my bestfriend.  They say no words can ease my pain, flowers just die, cards get thrown in a drawer, but words of a story lives on forever.  Even if it does not heal my heart or ease my pain, atleast it will leave a legacy of events and stories of Max for our kids and grandkids.
    His Guest Book will be online permanently and can even be printed for the family when it is completed.

http://www.legacy.com/guestbooks/sptimes/max-russell-ende-condolenc...

Thank you so much

Bev Ende ~ Max's wife

• Hi Al,
    This Bev, Max's wife.
    I wanted to let you know that Max passed away unexpectedly on Sept 17, 2016.
    His service will not be until January 27, 2017, when our son can be here from Bahrain.
    http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sptimes/obituary.aspx?pid=182629879

• Bev,  

With deepest sympathy, I'm sorry to learn of Max's passing.  Max was admired by many of us who knew him.  I was hoping to see him again at our next reunion.  May he rest in eternal peace.

This reply was deleted.