Replies

• Hey Al,, I am going to try to come this time.   Thanks for the email.

• On 2/2/2013, I sent out an update letter along with the latest roster.  If you didn't receive it, it is because the information on the roster is not correct.  Therefore, let me know what needs to be updated.  Another reason you didn't receive it is because you're not on it.

Whatever the case may be, let me know ASAP so I can either make corrections or add you to the roster. -Al

• Hey Al,  I didn't get to go to the last years reunion but like to attend this year.  Va.Bch sounds good to me.. Would like to see NAS Oceana and Va. Bch how its changed.

• And indeed it has!

• VA Beach gets my vote! My son is currently serving at the NOB. I travel there often. I agree with some posts that the area isn't what it used to be but the air show is an awesome event. I haven't seen one since 1993. I was in from MAY 1987 thru AUG 1991. Line/ AO shop.
  • Well, its time for my two cents worth. My vote is for Branson. The comradarie will still be there no matter where we have it. My thought is that Va. Beach was good for our first and its a damn shame the air show was rained out but what would happen if this happens again ? Va. Beach is nothing like when any of us were there and Sept. isn't exactly beach weather either. Short of a few things in Norfolk to do, there's not much else. Air show would be nice but not necessary as I think the majority of us have seen them many times since we've been out. Middle of the country would be good to get more of the west coast folks comming also .Alot of people use this as a vacation also , so if we move it around the country, everybody get to see somewhere else. I watch the Forrestal group reunions and they go everywhere and there's a dedicated group that's always there.I'll be one of those who will go where ever we decide to go, whenever, but that's because I'm retired and love to travel. If we have the reunion in the summer versus Sept. when school is back in session it might give some folks a better opportunity to attend. As I saw Steve G say earlier, Branson hosts the most vet reunions of any city in the U.S. and there's just a tremendous amount of things to do. This is show city and has a bunch of golf for those who would like to do that. Look up the Branson website to see what goes on there.They know how to put on reunions at most of the hotels so I think that would be good. Getting there can be done from everywhere via Southwest, Frontier, Airtran etc. Many thousands get there every year , no problem. Man , I sound like a chamber of commerce guy from Branson , and have never been there. Have had relatives tell me how many vet groups they saw when there. Next, I think we need to have an almost formal type meeting this time and get a reunion committee together so we can do this on a regular basis, say every 2 years. People wouldn't be able to attend every year, but there will be a group that will always be there and hopefully moving the event around the country will get more new faces there. And one more tip - when making a reply on here , don't move to the next page to see who replied or all your typing that you one fingered for the last 30 minutes will go away and somehow you'll have to remember what the hell you were just going on about !!!!! Let's get some more discussion about this. Its over a year out, but with 100 on this site and 200 on Facebook, we need to hear from more of you about preferences.  Fair winds and following seas to all.  How's that for Navy !

• Thanks for your feedback.  Here's the stats so far....

Virginia Beach   21

St. Louis    2

Branson    7

Since there are 181 members on the roster, there's still many votes that haven't been counted.  

• Hi Al,  Va. Beach is my preference with Branson as my second.

Thanks

• Al, I'm up for Va. Beach. Talk Soon

• I would like to hear from the rest of the members on the roster.  And if you're not on the roster, message me.

Where do you prefer for the next reunion;

Virginia Beach, St. Louis or Branson?

This reply was deleted.