70's on the Lex

My name is Art James EM3 assigned to E division. My Navy years were the best years of my life, I served all of them on board the Lexington. I made life long friends and see some to this day. Just had a visit last weekend from Chief Bob Denny and his wife Karen, who I have not seen since 1981. Will never forget New Orleans, Dry dock in Boston,and Gitmo. If anyone ever hears of what ever happened to EM 3 Ed Thomas, I sure would like to know. Take care shipmates.

You need to be a member of Navy Veterans to add comments!

Join Navy Veterans

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• My name is Melvin "Mel" Frisch YN3, i served on board from June1972 to June 1975. It was

a great duty station, I made some great friends. I still talk to several.

• You are right Art the early 1970's on the Lex were a lot of fun.  Oh to be a young GMG3 on liberty again.  If I remember right Pensacola got more snow than we did in Boston that winter. 

Take care shipmate.

Tom

Lady Lex from 1970 till 1974

• Hey, my name is Rick Hebert (ynsn) , I served onboard from 77-79 in the captains office (ox div). Under captain Eugene McDaniels . Would really love to find old friends I made while onboard, really miss you guys (Greg Warren, Tony Faircloth, and so many more). So many good memories
This reply was deleted.