retiredin 1996

active duyt from sept 1976-sept 1996 as A BT.Retired as a BT! my fault but I don't cry in my milk I always agreed with work and play hard much like most of us dinosaurs unlike our politically correct navy is now.Spent tours at ntc great lakes 2 tours on the uss Nashville also on the uss coral sea and 2 tours at sima Norfolk on the uss Belknap and finally the uss Yellowstone. Good times made a lot of friends and also saw a lot of really stupid people. glad Im retired though and some of those aches and pains are started to show up now after all those years of deck pates etc. But thanks for the memories and go navy                   BondoBT!

You need to be a member of Navy Veterans to add comments!

Join Navy Veterans

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for sharing Vince. Retired in 96 in the USNR as SM1 no regrets either. It is, what it is . Full acceptance. I also took responsibility for my contributions. School of hard knocks did wonders. Navy sent me to school and bought me books. Currently, in a wonderful profession as Clinical Social Worker. Owe it all to my US Navy training.  Thank you to all my teachers and students of yester year. Very greatful to King Neptune. Traveled the world and gained a lot of insight.

This reply was deleted.