FORT ALLEN PONCE 1970-1972

I was stationed at Fort Allen from Jan 1970 to Jan 1972 as a Radioman. It being somewhat of a small base one got to know most everyone. I remember that the chow hall was the tops at this base and they won the awards to go along the that.Also I remember the outdoor movie screne. Just haveing some flash backs as I had Googled maps of the base and see that it is still there and under the Army control now, or National Guard. Don't know if you remember me or not, but if you were on a different watch group, it is possbile we never got to meet.

IMGA0698.JPG

You need to be a member of Navy Veterans to add comments!

Join Navy Veterans

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Harry,
    I vaguely remember you. I was in Section Three in the ComCtr. I worked in DCS. I worked the Send/Receive banks. You left just shortly after I did. I left the week of Christmas in 1970. Do you remember anyone such as Bill Sheltry, Bill Mahodil, Mike Davis, Robert Linton, Goose Tatum, and Ralph Conahan? I ran around with those guys a lot.
    • Harry , It has been a while and your name is familiar but can not quite place the face . Need to post a picture . I posted my Navy picture as well as my fathers and grandfathers . Tom , I do remember you and the list on names you put on your reply . I went from Fort Allen to Isabella radio station and then home in 1973 .. Good chatting with you and hope to hear more and also pictures . God Bless
This reply was deleted.