Company Commander at RTC

Pushed six recruit companies through training, 1986 - 1989. Wasn't a bad tour of duty once I accepted the fact that I was sent there, and not at my choice. Made E-8 while there and it probably was a factor in making MCPO.Tom TotorisUSN Ret.

You need to be a member of Navy Veterans to add comments!

Join Navy Veterans

Email me when people reply –

Replies

•   Ski, Yes Capt. French was my first CO there then it was Capt. Colin Saari.  They were both pretty good eggs.  Along with training the recruits I was also the LCPO of DIV 7.  That was my hole job the entire tour.  On another note I am going to Louisville, Ky tomorrow to attend a Navy Retirement on Saturday.  As it turns out one of the recruits I trained in 1987 Company 068 found me on Face Book.  He is an ETC and retiring from service.  Whew!  Were has the time gone?  Well at least now I know that of the 500 or so boots under my tutilage, I got one right.  I finally retired in Sept 97 and call New Mexico my home.  Where did you drop your anchor?

Also, thanks for your service and dedication.  My dad was retired Navy in 1966 YN1 and later step dad OS1 1975.  I have two brothers who went Army.  One retired 2003 and brother Chuck is in his 32nd year, Command Sgt. Major and will probably retire this year. His wife is a retired Army Master Sgt.  I guess you can call us a military family.

• I dropped anchor in North Ogden, Utah. If I want to smell

• Tom, you got there just as I was leaving.  I made Master Chief during that tour and was privileged to come back three years later as the last Command Master Chief at RTC San Diego.  I enjoyed both tours, but especially liked my first because I was able to get out there and actually train the Recruits.  Capt. French was the CO for most of my tour of duty.  He should have been your first.

Thanks for the job you did, and I agree that the tour of duty you had there helped you make MCPO.

Ski Gorski

USN Retired

• Did you know a PC 1 Mendoza?, He pushed some boots during that time I thank. I met him after on the USS Ranger.
This reply was deleted.