RTC ORLANDO FLA

Did boot here Oct-Dec 1975...Company 119...CC was HT1 Donald Beagley from Roanoke VA..I remember this like it was yesterday,...I was not one of those who cherished or even like boot....HATED IT...the next 3 years and 10 months had alot of good moments, but boot I could have done without..Still can remember alot of the names from the company, any of you guys out there, give a shout....RM2 Kisto

You need to be a member of Navy Veterans to add comments!

Join Navy Veterans

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I was in company 127 from Oct - Dec 1975.  Kind of makes me wonder how many companies of recruits were formed. I started active on 10/20/75.

• I joined 29 Sep 1975 and was in company 109.  CC was OS1 Watson. Seven years later returned to RTC as a CC myself.  I loved it.  One of the most rewarding tours of my career.

There was a maximum of 10 companies per training group which was the number of companies graduated each Friday.  Companies were formed with 80 recruits per company, two companies a day Monday-Friday, but seldom graduated with a full complement due to setbacks, attrition, or recruits being thrown out of the Navy. 

• Our co. Flag was Beagly's Bluff
  • I was there with ya... They nicknamed me poindexter, but it didn't stick, lol. Made OS1 before I got out in 83
This reply was deleted.