rtc orlando

was at rtc orlando in company 426 sept 76 thru nov 76 liots of memories good and bad. But its where you become a sailor one of best boot buds was a guy named glenn small from napolean ohio of course with a name like his  he was 6 foot 3 and 255 pounds. great guy too bad they shut the place down.worst memory was the scullery during hell week that sucked royally.

You need to be a member of Navy Veterans to add comments!

Join Navy Veterans

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I was at RTC Orlando from 14 June 1976 to August 1976, Company 331, then went from there to NTC Orlando for Basic Electricity and Electronics school. And yeah, hot as hell that summer!

• Vince,

We were there at the same time. I was in Co 435 from Sept 76 to Nov 76.  BM2 Boucker was our company commander. Do you remember when they sent us all out on the grinder because they found lice in one of the company's laundry, so they inspected all the barracks? I got lucky in Hell week, I was battalion yeoman. Bootcamp was where I learned about the "Atomic Sit-up". Does anyone know what that is?

Tim

• I was in K068 from April 27th to June 1981.  I think my was doing suicide watch for somebody that was trying to get out and slit their wrist.  Although that wasn't the worst.  Hauling mattresses to a bunker topped the list.

• I was in C133 from April 24th to June of 1981 will never forget marching on the grinder and getting cycled by our CC back at the barracks. Denise Carter we probably marched pass each other plenty of times.

This reply was deleted.