Division Symbols

I attended Orlando boot November 80 to January 81. Company 041. I think I was in 5th division, but am not sure. Our division had a statue in front of a bomb. On it was painted an astronaut. I am guessing all divisions had the same statue but with a different symbol painted on them for each? I remember when facing the division front door, 041's bay was on the left wing, second floor. I think our division was at the edge of the perimiter, because there was a tall chain link fence right behind. No buildings on the other side of the fence. Looked like a park.

You need to be a member of Navy Veterans to add comments!

Join Navy Veterans

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Ford,
    I went through RTC Orlando during the same time frame as you, Nov 1980-Jan 1981. I was in Co K016. My division was in front of Division 5 to the right along the walk. Didn't Division 5 also house graduates of boot camp who didn't have A schools and had to go through two more weeks of seaman training? I stayed there for 3 days while waiting for my flight to my A school. It's been so long ago, memories are fading...lol.
    Kris
    Memphis, TN
  • I was at RTC Orlando December 80 to Feb 81 CO45. We were there at the same time. I want to find a Rudder "yearbook" for when I was there.
    • The company that made them went out of business, I have seen them on Ebay and doing a national search on Craigs list.

• check ebay!!
This reply was deleted.