Your Stories are Needed

All right everyone … Here is your chance to contribute and have your stories published in an upcoming book.
I have been asked by one of our veteran’s organizations here in my community to help write a book consisting of stories from crew members of various ships and commands.
The stories can be true events or they can be those famous “sea stories” we all know and love so well. What they want is for sailors from the past to contribute their versions of stories “as they remember them”. I have been asked me to remind everyone that the stories can be a bit “salty” but there may not be any vulgarity or profanity used. Credit will be given to those who submit stories that are chosen for use in the book.
If you have some great tales or sea stories, please try to write them up and send them to me. If possible, provide the command or ship name and hull number, approximate date, location, what occurred, who was involved, and what the result of the event or incident was. You may use rates/ranks instead of names if you prefer, or you may use false names or nicknames. To use actual names requires getting a signed release authorizing publication of their name by every individual named and that is simply too much paperwork and effort.
I’m looking forward to seeing what I can offer to assist with this publication. Thank you to everyone in advance.
For privacy reasons you may send them to my personal email rather than use Facebook. Use gmickle49@gmail.com

You need to be a member of Navy Veterans to add comments!

Join Navy Veterans

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• My story is not a sea story.Its a story of the events that occured during one year of my hitch in the Navy.It involves a train wreck in a river with fatalities and rescues.later in the same year we were deployed to the caribbean for the Cuban missle crisis.

• Kenneth,

Would love to hear about it.  I'm sure it would fit right in with the rest of the stories.  Thanks.

This reply was deleted.