HM12

I was an aircrewman during Operation End Sweep. At the time I worked in the MCM (Ordenance ) shop rigging our planes with minesweeping gear at night and flying minesweeping missions during the day. I went home for 14 days on emergency leave and arrived back to the squadron in time to volunteer for our next campaign in Hyphong Harbor. Following End Sweep I deployed to the Med for Operations Nimbus Star and Nimbus Moon, clearing mines from the Suez Canal in 74 & 75.

You need to be a member of Navy Veterans to add comments!

Join Navy Veterans

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I was serving on the USS Westchester County (LST 1167) during Operation Endsweep.  We  transported  mine counter-measures equipment to the Gulf of Tonkin and remained there in support of Operation "End Sweep"  until it was completed on July 18, 1973.  We returned to Yokosuka Japan on July 30 and the ship was decommissioned

• Ronald
  • I am the wife of AE Ron Fleeger. He was attached to HM-12 from 3/72 thru 5/75 and of course participated in the same operations..  We are looking for any and all shipmates we can find. We are particularly interested in any documentation that the unit had any Agent Orange Exposure. Like many vets he is suffering from one or more illness related to AO but we can't prove anything.. He also served in HS-3 during the late 60's

This reply was deleted.