Replies

• U.S. Navy Seabee/Alfa Company- Runway crew Supervisor

-3 Summer support seasons (1984-1986)

• Equipment operator 3 at the time  summered over 4 seasons   89 - 93 byrd surface  first season

marble point second season

in town last two seasons taking care of the runways and transtion bridges

got to visit the pole every season

best command ever

• I volunteered for NSFA late'74. I was ET2 with GCA maintenance. Never got to the ice due to C-130 mishaps. Left the Navy in '76.

• Lawrence,

You were with Det Bravo, I assume, out of NAS Jax? Do you know where I could contact any of the older ETs/ACs.  I spent 0 years as a GCA tech (ET-1577) '64 - '73.  Specifically, I am looking for an ETC Coffman, also a 1577.  He made Chief on the Ice around 1969.  He & I went thru CPN-4A maint school together.

• Should've been 9 years as a GCA tech.

• HEY GEORGE, HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE HOLIDAYS. I WAS  JUST BARELY TRANSFERRED TO PATRON 7 AT NAS ALAMEDA 9OAKLAND, CA) FROM  FEDERAL OFFICE BLDG, SAN FRANCISCO WHICH WAS MY FIRAT BILLET  AFTER COMPLETING BOOT AND RADIO SCHOOL IN SAN DIEGO,. WENT TO COLD WEATHER TRAINING IN EAST GREWICH, RI PRIOR TO SHIPPING TO MCMURDO SOUND. 

THERE ARE A COUPLE OF 'FOR FEE' OUTFITS LISTED TO FIND NAVY PALS. HAVENT TRIED ANY OF THEM THO.  SINSE I STARTED TRYING TO CONTACT ANYONE FROM DEEP FREEZER III YOU ARE THE CLOSEST ONE TO MY STINT WINTERING OVER IN 57-58.N  I DID MAKE CONTACT WITH ONE OF THE CREW OF THE USS BURTON ISLAND WHO TOOK MY GROUP DOWN TO MCMURDO THO. HE IS ORIGINALLY FROM STURGIS, MI. BUT LIVES IN FLA. NOW HAVENT HEARD FROM HIM IN AWHILE.

• I will be happy to give you some email addresses of people who preceded my by a lot.  Billy Baker, RMC (Ret) knows more about what you are seeking than I.  Billy W/O four times.

• THANKS GORGE. I ALSO JUST DISCOVERED A SITE  FOR THE "OLD ANTARCTIC EXPLRERS ASSOCIATION" AND THEY SEEM TO HAVE AN AWFUL LOT OF MEMBERS/CHAPTERS SO THEY MAY BE ABLE TO HELP YOU LOCATE YOUR FRIEND.9www.oaea.net)I AM GOING TO SUBSCRIBE TO THEIR PUBLICATION AND JOIN THEIR GROUP. WILL LET U KNOW IF ANY MORE INFO FOUND. STAY WARM BILL FISHER, KALAMAZOO MICHIGAN.

• www.oaea.net   I've been a member for over 11 years.  That is where I was going with my offer of names/addresses. They have a list server type mail list that talks about some Ice stuff bur is mostly about politics.

• thanks for the headsup!

This reply was deleted.