five months into retirement

Dec 28 was my final day of work in 2009. The next day we left for Florida for over three months. Came home for two weeks and flew back down and bought a place. So as long as health doesn't impair us, we will spend winter in Florida. What was most surprising to me was the fact that I walked away from the trade after 45 years and didn't so much as look over my shoulder. I thought this might be a problem. I will have to admit, in April when when we came home and hooked up computer, my ex boss knew I was in town and called with a problem. Twice since then and it was fun to go back and talk throught the problems. I will not touch a pattern in a physical since,

because of my union pension. I have locked my tool box and it sets in the basement under a dust cloth. Someday  I will sort thorough it and get rid of most al.The memories of years of all  the different shapes and sizes. Materials of many kinds. From building from castings to molds to blue prints to eventually computers. what a ride and the Navy gave it all to me. Thank you Navy. You took a misguided rebellish school boy and shape his life, thank you again

You need to be a member of Navy Veterans to add comments!

Join Navy Veterans

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Joel, I haven't been in this site for awhile. I cannot express how busy life has been since retiremnet. I to this day, still haven't put a line in the water. Been helping a friend in politics run for office, which is looking real good, doing consulting work and bidding from place I retired from and doing some construction work on side. I must be outside of my mind, working like this. First of Nov we head south again for winter. So maybe we can settle down to some kind of taking it easy.
  • Congrats and enjoy your retirement. My Parents did the "snow bird" thing and totally enjoyed it.
This reply was deleted.