Replies

• Hello Al,  As you probably saw I was assinged to VW-13 from 1962-1963 about 18 months all total 6 of them TAD to Iceland.  I enjoyed my time there and made a lot of good friends both on the base and off.  Here a few place that may reconnect you to those times.   www.argentia1.com   www.thecostafamily.net/charlie/argentia    and if you are on Facebook there are two groups of interest  Naval Facility Argentia Newfoundlad  and Argentia Newfoundland.   Enjoy  Tom
    Argentia
    • Hi Tom, I was a radioman working air to ground with the P2V's and ships out to sea. I worked in a new radio shack, called receivers. As i said i was there in 1954/1956, we had opened the base for the cold war. Thanks for the info. al
    • I recall the P2Vs.  They were popular back then as well as the C121 willie victors.  After Argentia I went to VS 26 in Norfolk with the S2Fs.  I was a ADR then converted to AZ Avaition Administration as I never wrenched and always worked in aircract maintenance control.  Nice talking with you  Tom
This reply was deleted.